Address Changes

It is important for UCSC offices to have access to accurate address information for all UCSC students. UCSC relies on the addresses on MyUCSC to send you official information. You must update your address each time you change your residence, or you will miss important documents and deadlines. Read through the definitions below to understand the different types of addresses maintained by UCSC before making changes.

E-mail (year round): Your UCSC e-mail address is often the primary address used by several administrative offices, including the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office and the Office of the Registrar and Student Business Services, to communicate with you. Once your UCSC account is assigned to you, ensure that you activate it as soon as possible.

You may forward your UCSC e-mail to another e-mail address if you prefer. It is crucial that you check your UCSC e-mail account often in order to ensure that you meet important deadlines and are aware of important campus announcements.

Mailing (year round): This should always be your current address. It is your responsibility to keep this address up to date and prevent important campus mail from being misdirected.

Mailings to this address may include refund checks and general mailings from campus units. The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office uses this address for some mailings during the academic year.

During fall, winter, and spring quarters, you may use a college address as your mailing address. Summer: After spring quarter ends and before fall quarter begins, a college address is not a valid mailing address. For this reason, it is important to keep your mailing address updated during the summer, so you do not miss important communications and deadlines.

Permanent (year round): This address may be the same as your mailing address or the address of a relative. Your diploma will be sent to this address. This is also the address your 1098-T tax form will be mailed to.

Foreign: Required for students on F and J (non-immigrant) visas.

Residence: Required for students on F and J (non-immigrant) visas.

Revised 10/10/12