Personal Information

Q: How do I request a professional name in AIS? [show]

A: Employees have the option to request a professional name be created in AIS. The professional name will be used throughout AIS, unless the employee is a former student. If the employee is a former student, the student name will still be associated with student records, including:

  • The official transcript
  • Degrees
  • Narrative evaluations.

No documentation is required to process a professional name request. Requests should be emailed to the Registrar's systems team,, and should include the current name, the desired professional name, and if possible the AIS ID number.

Students who wish to request a name change should be referred to


Revised: 04/07/17