The Office of the Registrar maintains an accurate academic record for each student who enrolls at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and provides timely, accurate, and responsive services to students, faculty, staff and the public. We support student retention and graduation by educating and coaching students through the complexities of University policy and procedures. We enable successful progress toward students' dreams of advanced education and professional opportunities.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Contributions to policy development and implementation,
- Participation with the Committee on Educational Policy (CEP) and Graduate Council in curriculum, course, and program approval,
- Academic advising and degree audit support,
- Functional processing oversight of the Academic Information System (AIS) and other systems including Campus Curriculum and Leave Planning (CCLP), Online Curriculum Approval (OCA), Resource25 and Schedule25 for classroom and event scheduling,
- Classroom scheduling and advocacy for renovations,
- Enrollment and fee assessment,
- Grading and transcripts,
- Graduation and diplomas,
- Maintenance of student academic record integrity,
- Preservation of permanent student academic records,
- Enrollment reporting and data analysis,
- Protecting the privacy of student academic records,
- Certification of veteran student education benefits,
- Determination of legal residence for fee purposes.