Credit from Another Institution

The Navigator 2012-14

Subject to certain limitations, you, as a student, may earn credit toward your degree at UCSC by enrolling in courses at other collegiate institutions. The limitations include the following:

You may not transfer more than 105 quarter credits (or 70 semester credits) from two-year or community colleges. After that point, you may still receive subject credit. For example, if you have already transferred 105 quarter credits from community colleges, you could still satisfy the American History and Institutions Requirement with a community college course; however, the credits from that course would not transfer.

To satisfy the campus residence requirement, 35 of your last 45 credits must be regular courses of instruction taken as a registered student at UCSC.

Transferable courses in which you receive a grade of C- (if less than a 2.0) or any grade that is less than a 2.0 will not be used to satisfy general education (G.E.) or major requirements, but will be applied as elective credit toward your degree. G.E. and major requirements must be satisfied with coursework completed with a Pass (must be equivalent to a 2.0 or higher) or grade of C (2.0) or better.

Coursework will be evaluated only if you are currently enrolled or have announced candidacy for graduation. You will not receive transfer credit if you are no longer in attendance.

If you plan to enroll concurrently at UCSC and at another institution, contact your academic preceptor regarding your college’s procedure. Students are advised not to enroll concurrently at another institution during their first term of attendance at UCSC. Those students wishing to be concurrently enrolled should discuss this option with their college academic preceptor or their undergraduate department adviser. Financial aid recipients should also check with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to find out how enrolling concurrently at another institution might affect their status.

Revised 10/10/12