The Navigator 2012-14
Check the following before applying for graduation. All requirements must be completed by the end of the quarter for which you apply.
Have you completed the following requirements?
- University requirements in American History and Institutions and Entry Level Writing
- All major requirements of your major(s)/minors(s)
- All general education requirements
- 180 credits
- UC grade point average of 2.0 or greater
- No more than 25 percent of UCSC credits graded on a Pass/No Pass basis
- Requirements of your college
- Senior residence requirement
Please note: If you are completing your final course work at an institution other than UCSC, you must have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar. If you are unable to provide a transcript by the last day of the quarter in which you wish to graduate, you must apply for graduation for the following quarter.
- Does your official academic record indicate your major? If not, submit a Petition for Declaration of Major/Minor as soon as possible and no later than the time you apply to graduate.
- Are you completing an individual major? If so, contact the chairperson of your committee to make sure that your major requirements will be completed by your announced graduation date and arrange for the final meeting with your committee.
- Have you declared a minor? If so, you must complete all requirements or drop the minor by contacting the adviser for the minor to be dropped.
- Have you declared a double major? If so, you must complete all requirements for both majors before graduating; you may not graduate in one quarter with one major and in another quarter with the other.
- Is your name correct on your official university record? If you need to correct your name, you must file an official Name Change or Correction petition with documentation when you apply to graduate or no later than the end of the quarter.
- Are all your financial obligations cleared? A hold will be placed on your transcripts if you have outstanding debts with the university.
- Have you received loans from the university? If so, you are required to attend an exit interview at the Student Business Services Office before leaving school. A hold will be placed on your transcripts if you fail to attend.